Cold & Flu Busting Turmeric Tonic
The weather is getting colder here in the southern hemisphere, so it's time to get the immune system firing nice n' strong! This cold & flu busting turmeric tonic is tasty AF whilst boosting your body's immunity. Curcumin, the bright yellow compound present in turmeric, is a powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-viral, making it perfect for warding off colds and flus. Ginger has similar properties with the added bonus of containing gingerol & shagol which helps to stimulate perspiration and reduce body temperature, along with expectorant properties that help to looses mucus from the lungs and sinus. Double the spices in this recipe if you're sick to help kick them cold & flu bugs to the kerb.
Macros Per Serve:
Calories: 81.4 kcal Net Carbs: 2.5 grams Protein: 0.92 grams Fat: 7.7 grams
Makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 cm knob fresh turmeric peeled & grated
1 inch knob ginger peeled & grated
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp coconut oil
500 ml organic coconut mylk
Vanilla liquid stevia drops to taste
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the coconut oil and spices on low-heat until fragrant.
- Add coconut mylk and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat and our into a cup.
- Sweeten with stevia to taste & enjoy warm.
- Drink one of these every day to boost your immune system & if you're sick, double the spices to help kick the cold & flu to the kerb.