Vegan & Keto PB&J Pancakes
Who doesn't love pancakes? Ever since going Veto (Vegan & Keto), pancakes have been something that haven't been super easy to get right. I had some luck with baking instead of frying but it's not quite the same. Thankfully this recipe is golden and crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, just like traditional pancakes. I've always loved PB&J, it's a marriage made in heaven as far as I'm concerned so I turned these pancakes into an epic PB&J stack. The best part is they're gluten-free and entirely sugar-free too!
Macros Per Serve:
Calories: 362.7 kcal Net Carbs: 8.5 grams Protein: 10.1 grams Fat: 31.3 grams
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
80 g almond flour
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp flax meal & 6 tbsp water for flax eggs
50 g natvia
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch Himalayan pink salt
20 g coconut oil + 20 grams for frying
125 ml almond mylk
100 g peanut butter
125 g raspberries
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Ganache:
70 g peanut butter
10 g cacao powder
10 g melted coconut oil
Vanilla liquid stevia drops to taste
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the flax eggs and set aside to thicken.
- Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir until incorporated.
- Add all wet ingredients to the bowl along with the flax eggs and whisk to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and cook pancakes in batches until all the batter is used up. Pancakes are ready to flip once the exposed side starts to bubble and firm up slightly, just like traditional pancakes.
- To make the jam, simply pop half of the raspberries in a small bowl and crush with a fork. You don't need any added sweetener as the pancakes and ganache are already sweet enough themselves.
- To make the ganache, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir with a fork or whisk until smooth. Add stevia to taste.
- To serve, layer up the pancakes, jam and ganache and top with remaining raspberries. Enjoy with gratitude.