Spicy Popcorn Chick'n
This little snack is perfect to get your next movie night, picnic or social gathering poppin' Unlike it's traditional counterpart, our recipe is 100% plant-based and baked instead of deep fried. Also, no animals had to be harmed in the making and enjoyment of this dish, making it truly delicious. Our spicy popcorn chick'n is best shared with friends but we won't judge you if you get comfy with a movie whilst tucking into these tasty morsels with yo bad self.
Macros Per Serve:
Calories: 324.6 kcal Net Carbs: 5.6 grams Protein: 16.6 grams Fat: 24.2 grams
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
300 g tofu
1 chicken-style stock cube or 1 tbsp chicken-style stock powder
25 g pine nuts
50 g walnuts
10 g sriracha
20 g coconut oil
20 g nutritional yeast
25 g golden flax
25 g coconut flour
5 g vegetable stock powder
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celcius (374 F).
- Place all ingredients for the chick'n in a food processor until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients for the crumb and set aside.
- Take one full teaspoon of the chick'n mix and roll into a ball.
- Toss into the bowl with the crumb mixture until well coated and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Repeat until all the chick'n mixture is used up and bake the Popcorn Chick'n for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Turn the Popcorn Chick'n and return to the oven to bake for another 10 minutes or until golden on all sides.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with your favourite condiments. We used vegenaise, mustard and sugar-free tomato sauce.