Everything-Friendly Cinnamon Rolls
Ok, so full disclosure, these aren't really anything like traditional Cinnamon Rolls. But they are freaking delicious, basically everything-friendly and a super tasty cinnamon-y sweet that you can enjoy. I love eating these with a nice hot cup of chai made with fresh ginger and coconut mylk.
Macros Per Serve:
Calories: 291.4 kcal Net Carbs: 8.8 grams Protein: 8.4 grams Fat: 20.4 grams
Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 90 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 25 minutes (including dough resting time)
220 g almond flour
200 g coconut flour
20 g psyllium husk powder
360 g pureed cooked pumpkin
250 ml coconut mylk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
50 g natvia
2 1/2 tsp instand dry yeast
50 g coconut oil
100 g coconut butter
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/4 ground cinnamon
25 g natvia
- In a large saucepan, heat coconut mylk until just steaming but not boiling. Add instant yeast and leave for 5 minutes until bubbles form.
- Add the pureed pumpkin and coconut oil to the mylk and whisky until well combined.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients and then slowly add to the wet mixture until a dough forms.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place for 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the filling ingredients until well combined and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 Fahrenheit).
- Roll out the rested dough onto a clean surface dusted with flour. Roll out and trim to create a 1 cm thick rectangle.
- Spread the filling evenly over the entire rectangle.
- Carefully take one end of the rectangle dough and roll until a log is formed.Use a sharp knife to cut into 3-4 cm thick rolls.
- Place onto a baking tray or dish lined with baking paper. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden. Enjoy with lots of joy and love.