The Best Ever Roast Potatoes
I love potato. My life is potato. My world is potato. Well, it was... before I went Veto! (Vegan Keto) For those of you eating all the carbs, this is a super quick and simple recipe for the best ever roast potatoes. The trick is to boil the spuds before roasting them, this makes sure they get super crunchy and golden and delicious on the outside. Serve them with vegan mayo and they're pretty much the best thing you'll ever put into your mouth.
Macros Per Serve:
Calories: 394 kcal Net Carbs: 11 grams Protein: 23 grams Fat: 25 grams
Makes 6 side servings, 1 potato-hero serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
1 kg potatoes (I love kipfler & dutch cream)
2 tbsp coconut oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp Chopped Rosemary
1 tbsp Chopped Parsley
Vegan mayo (I love vegenaise)
1. Preheat the oven to 240 degrees Celsius (464 F)
2. Chop potatoes into uniform sized pieces about an inch wide and boil them until tender, test by sticking a fork into one. It should go through easily but the potato should not be falling apart.
3. Drain and transfer to a medium mixing bowl. Coat with coconut oil and spread onto a baking tray in a single layer.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until super crunchy and golden, tossing the potatoes after 20 minutes and returning to the oven.
5. Season to taste and add fresh herbs. We love these with a side of vegan mayo! Devour with gratitude.