Sacred Fire Mexican Chilli Chocolate Eggs
Happy Easter! Today we have our final recipe in collaboration with Sacred Taste who make the most delicious organic drinking cacao. Sacred Fire Drinking Cacao is perfect for the colder weather with warming cinnamon and cayenne to spice up the chocolate. These chocolate eggs are filled with a delicious cinnamon creme encased in decadent chilli chocolate. They're vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and nut-free too.
Macros Per Serve:
Calories: 492.9 kcal Net Carbs: 11.8 grams Protein: 5 grams Fat: 45.1 grams
Makes 1 serving
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Setting Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
125 g Sacred Fire Drinking Cacao
100 g cacao butter
50 g coconut butter
50 g coconut oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp cayenne
10 g powdered natvia
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 long red chillies seeded and sliced thinly
- Place cacao butter into a metal mixing bowl over a saucepan containing water. Heat until the cacao is just melted, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a blender jug and add the Sacred Fire Drinking Cacao. Blend on high speed until super smooth and pour back into the mixing bowl.
- Using a spatula, spread mixture up the sides of the mixing bowl to temper the chocolate until it's shiny. Basically you're trying to cool the chocolate by spreading it over a large surface area as you mix it.
- Once the chocolate is glossy and has thickened slightly, pour into easter egg moulds. I used half-egg moulds. Fill each half to the top and let set at room temperature until a shell about 1 cm thick forms. The outside will always set before the inside.
- Once the shell has set, tip the moulds upside down over the mixing bowl to pour out the excess chocolate and place moulds in the freezer to set.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, mix the filling ingredients until well combined, reserving half of the sliced chillies for the topping.
- Pop the half-eggs out of their moulds and spoon some of the white filling into the hollow part of the half-egg. Repeat until all eggs are filled.
- Top with additional sliced and seeded chillies and serve alongside a warm cup of Sacred Fire Drinking Cacao. Yum!