Sacred Vitality Matcha & Mint Creme Eggs
Easter is fast approaching and we've been teaming up with Sacred Taste to create some delicious, refined sugar-free chocolate egg recipes that you can enjoy next weekend (or all year round really!) Tonight we have one of the radest flavour combos to ever hit my mouth. Sacred Vitality which is matcha & mint drinking cacao. This recipe features a matcha and mint chocolate egg filled with a matcha and mint coconut creme. These babies are organic, raw, vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, keto friendly, diabetic friendly and paleo too!
Macros Per Serve:
Calories: 389 kcal Net Carbs: 8 grams Protein: 3.2 grams Fat: 36.5 grams
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Setting Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
100 g Sacred Vitality Drinking Cacao
100 g cacao butter
Matcha & Mint Creme:
25 g coconut butter
25 g coconut oil
2.5 g (1/2 tsp) matcha powder
2 drops food mint peppermint essential oil
10 g powdered natvia
- Place cacao butter into a metal mixing bowl over a saucepan containing water. Heat until the cacao is just melted, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a blender jug and add the Sacred Vitality Drinking Cacao. Blend on high speed until super smooth and pour back into the mixing bowl.
- Using a spatula, spread mixture up the sides of the mixing bowl to temper the chocolate until it's shiny. Basically you're trying to cool the chocolate by spreading it over a large surface area as you mix it.
- Once the chocolate is glossy and has thickened slightly, pour into easter egg moulds with a single mint leaf placed faced down in the middle of the egg. I used half-egg moulds. Fill each half to the top and let set at room temperature until a shell about 1 cm thick forms. The outside will always set before the inside.
- Once the shell has set, tip the moulds upside down over the mixing bowl to pour out the excess chocolate and place moulds in the freezer to set.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, mix thematcha & mint creme ingredients until well combined.
- Remove moulds from the freezer and spoon some of the creme into the hollow part of the half-egg. Take care to leave about 2 mm of room so that you can fill the rest with more chocolate.
- Return to the freezer to set for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and top with remaining chocolate and freeze for 15 minutes or until fully set.
- Pop the half-eggs out of their moulds and place a non-stick pan on the stove on low heat. Carefully place 2 half-eggs flat side down onto the warm pan until the chocolate melts slightly and join two halves together. Repeat until all eggs are formed.
- Return to the freezer and set for another 10 minutes. Serve alongside a warm cup of Sacred Vitality Drinking Cacao. Yum!