Sacred Love Turkish Delight Eggs
Leading up to Easter this year, we're teaming up with Sacred Taste to create some delicious, refined sugar-free chocolate recipes that you can whip up for your loved-ones. This week's recipe is something I'm so stoked to share because Turkish delight was one of my fave treats ever! After going vegan and then Veto (vegan keto) I thought I'd never eat Turkish delight again! Luckily Sacred Love Drinking Cacao is a beautiful rose flavoured chocolate powder that I've turned into a a decadent raw chocolate egg. The perfect partner for a completely sugar-free and vegan Turkish delight. Oh and they're gluten-free and nut-free too!
Macros Per Serve:
Calories: 492.9 kcal Net Carbs: 11.8 grams Protein: 5 grams Fat: 45.1 grams
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Setting Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
40 g tapioca flour
75 g powdered natvia
2 tbsp agar powders
1/2 tsp beetroot powder
400 ml spring water
1 tbsp rose water
Turkish Delight Dusting:
10 g tapioca flour
10 g powdered natvia
1/4 tsp beetroot powder
- Line a square baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Place cacao butter into a metal mixing bowl over a saucepan containing water. Heat until the cacao is just melted, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a blender jug and add the Sacred Love Drinking Cacao. Blend on high speed until super smooth and pour back into the mixing bowl.
- Using a spatula, spread mixture up the sides of the mixing bowl to temper the chocolate until it's shiny. Basically you're trying to cool the chocolate by spreading it over a large surface area as you mix it.
- Once the chocolate is glossy and has thickened slightly, pour into easter egg moulds. I used half-egg moulds. Fill each half to the top and let set at room temperature until a shell about 1 cm thick forms. The outside will always set before the inside.
- Once the shell has set, tip the moulds upside down over the mixing bowl to pour out the excess chocolate and place moulds in the freezer to set.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan, simmer 300 ml of the water and once its starts to bubble slightly, add the agar powder. Bring to medium heat and whisk in the natvia. Allow the mixture to come to the boil and then turn the heat down to a low simmer, whisking the entire time until the agar powder is completely incorporated.
- In a small bowl, combine the tapioca flour with the remaining water until smooth and then pour into a high speed blender along with beetroot powder and the natvia syrup.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and return to the saucepan.
- Bring back to a medium heat, whisking the whole time until the mixture thickens and becomes stretchy and glossy. Remove from heat and whisk in rose water until fully incorporated.
- Pour into the square baking tin and refrigerate overnight to set.
- The next day prepare two small bowls and pop the dusting ingredients except for the beetroot powder in one. Stir to mix well.
- Put half into the other small bowl and add the beetroot powder. Stir until well combined.
- Remove the Turkish delight from the fridge and using a sharp knife, cut into small squares that fit nicely into your half chocolate eggs.
- Split the mixture between the two bowls and dust until well covered.
- Remove chocolate eggs from the freezer and pop out of the moulds. Fill with turkish delight cubes and enjoy! Serve alongside a warm cup of Sacred Love Drinking Cacao. Yum!