Sacred Earth Chocolate Creme Eggs
Easter is coming up so we're partnering with Sacred Taste to create some delicious, refined sugar-free chocolate recipes that you can whip up for your loved-ones (and your good self!). Sweetened with just coconut sugar, Sacred Earth Drinking Cacao is a decadent drinking chocolate powder that can also be used to make epic desserts. These are our version of the famous Creme Eggs. They're rich, deliciously decadent and are also gluten-free and nut-free!
Macros Per Serve:
Calories: 492.9 kcal Net Carbs: 11.8 grams Protein: 5 grams Fat: 45.1 grams
Makes 1 serving
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Setting Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
125 g Sacred Earth Drinking Cacao
100 g cacao butter
100 g coconut butter
10 g coconut oil
10 g powdered natvia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Place cacao butter into a metal mixing bowl over a saucepan containing water. Heat until the cacao is just melted, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a blender jug and add the Sacred Earth Drinking Cacao. Blend on high speed until super smooth and pour back into the mixing bowl.
- Using a spatula, spread mixture up the sides of the mixing bowl to temper the chocolate until it's shiny. Basically you're trying to cool the chocolate by spreading it over a large surface area as you mix it.
- Once the chocolate is glossy and has thickened slightly, pour into easter egg moulds. I used half-egg moulds. Fill each half to the top and let set at room temperature until a shell about 1 cm thick forms. The outside will always set before the inside.
- Once the shell has set, tip the moulds upside down over the mixing bowl to pour out the excess chocolate and place moulds in the freezer to set.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, mix the filling ingredients except for the turmeric until well combined.
- Get another small bowl and place 1/3 of the filling into it along with the turmeric and mix well until it's a beautiful yellow colour.
- Remove moulds from the freezer and spoon some of the white filling into the hollow part of the half-egg. Take care to leave about 2 mm of room so that you can fill the rest with more chocolate. Using a teaspoon, place a small amount of yellow filling right into the centre of the white filling to create a "yolk"
- Return to the freezer to set for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and top with remaining chocolate and freeze for 15 minutes or until fully set.
- Pop the half-eggs out of their moulds and place a non-stick pan on the stove on low heat. Carefully place 2 half-eggs flat side down onto the warm pan until the chocolate melts slightly and join two halves together. Repeat until all eggs are formed.
- Return to the freezer and set for another 10 minutes. Serve alongside a warm cup of Sacred Earth Drinking Cacao. Yum!